Valentines Day Activities 2016 Green Bay WI
Valentines Day can be the most romantic (or depressingly lonely) time of the year, but whether you are deliriously happy with your sweetheart, or just trying to ignore the pervasive pink hearts, having a wonderful February 14 can take a little planning. Fortunately, we’ve compiled some information right here, to take some of the hassle out of making Valentine’s Day (and the week leading up to it) special.
Green Bay Events Valentine’s Day Weekend
- Celtic Nights at the Weidner Center – If anyone in your relationship enjoys Celtic music and dance, this looks like it will be a fantastic event. It will be on Friday, Feb. 12 at 7:30pm. Tickets start at $27.50 and are available online.
- Cup O’ Joy – Enjoy a little music, snacks and refreshments at this attractive location. Valentine’s Day events include Bobby Coverston & Jessica Deml Celebrate Valentines Day on Friday, Feb. 12 at 7:30pm and a Jim Cole Valentine Show on Saturday, Feb. 13 at 7:30pm. These events are free and walk-ins are welcome, but you can also purchase an Early Bird pass to get the best seats for you and your sweetheart.
- Kress Center Green Bay Phoenix Women’s Basketball – For couples that would rather bond over a little athleticism, on Saturday Feb. 13 at 1pm the Green Bay Phoenix will play Cleveland State at the Kress Center. Single adult tickets start at $10 and can be purchased online.
- Winter Warmup at the Neville Museum – Couples, singles or families can enjoy exhibits while listening to great local musicians on Saturday Feb. 13 anytime from noon to 3pm. Museum admission is $7 for adults and $3 for kids ages 6-15. Warm beverages will also be available for purchase.
Looking for the safest new cars? Read up on 2016 Top Safety Pick Plus Volkswagens
- Jim Jefferies at the Meyer Theatre – On Sunday, Feb. 14 at 8pm, Jim Jefferies will hit Green Bay with The Freedumb Tour. This comedy presentation doesn’t sound romantic, but a few laughs may hit the spot on this day. Tickets are $39.50 for the Mezzanine and $49.50 for Grand Tier and Orchestra seats, and are available online.
Just for Fun: Will My Ford Start in the Cold?
Movies Released Around Valentine’s Day 2016
One of the easiest and most romantic things to do around Valentine’s Day is hit the movie theater and curl up with your special someone while watching a romantic flick. If that is your dream, this Valentine’s Day in Green Bay, you are pretty much stuck with The Choice, the only romantic comedy on offer anywhere near the heart holiday. Horror movies and dark comedies abound, however (like Deadpool, starring Ryan Reynolds, who will also be featured in some of this year’s Hyundai Super Bowl commercials), so if that’s your preferred cup of tea, then you have options. You can check out films that will be released this February here, but keep in mind that items marked “Nationwide” are the only ones we are guaranteed to get in Green Bay. Anything marked “Limited” may be hit or miss.