We haven’t spoken about the brand-new 2019 Volkswagen Arteon nearly as much as we would have liked thus far, so today we figured we’d go over some of its highlighted specs & features. Rather than just droning on about numbers and listing available features, we thought we’d do things a little bit different this time around, by highlighting some of the most exciting facts about the Arteon that you might not have realized.
[ CHECK IT OUT: 2019 Volkswagen Arteon Trunk and Walkaround Video ]
Exciting VW Arteon Facts
- Have you wondered where the VW Arteon got its name? In Latin, the word art is translated to artem, which inspired the naming of the newest vehicle on the VW lineup. It’s just as much a work of art as it is a sedan.
- Many fastback-style vehicles can feel a bit cramped on the interior, but the Arteon features a wheelbase of 112 inches, granting ample space for you and your passengers to stretch out and get comfortable, even in the back seat.
- Speaking of space, that fastback style permits the Arteon to deliver a massive amount of trunk space. More specifically, you’ll be able to fill 27 cubic feet of space with whatever you need to bring along. Not enough? Fold the rear seats to increase the number to 55 cu. ft. That’s more like an SUV!
- Did you know that the Arteon was in production for more than three years? Engineers wanted to make sure the vehicle that eventually rolled off the lot was as close to perfection as a vehicle can get.
- Designers were inspired by the predatory beasts of nature when designing the athletic profile of the Arteon, especially sharks.
- The structure of the Arteon’s front fascia is very unique as designers looked to combine the grille and headlights into one focal point.
- Although often reserved for off-road vehicles, the Arteon features a driver-selectable driving mode feature that allows you to optimize the vehicle’s settings for Normal, Comfort or Sport driving.
- Driver-assistive safety features are king on the automotive market today, so it’s no surprise the VW Arteon is packed full of them, including Forward Collision Warning, Autonomous Emergency Braking, Blind Spot Monitor, Rear Traffic Alert and Automatic Post-Collision Braking as standard features. Even more are available.
All of these exciting facts should tell you just what type of vehicle the 2019 VW Arteon is. If you’d like to bring one of these Volkswagen models home for yourself, be sure to get in touch with us right here at Broadway Automotive!
2020 Volkswagen Atlas Cross Sport Color Option Gallery
List and Pictures of Available Exterior Paint Colors for the 2020 VW Atlas Cross Sport As ...read more
How Many Colors are Available for the 2020 Volkswagen Tiguan?
2020 VW Tiguan Exterior and Interior Color Options As one of the most popular Volkswagen models, ...read more